Botox ® & Botulinum Toxin
For more information visit Botox Costmetic website
This procedure is one of the safest available on the market for the reducing and softening of wrinkles. It is frequently used in treating frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, and lines around the eyes (Crow’s Feet). It may also be used to treat lines around the mouth and those on the neck. A few tiny injections are administered to the skin, which calms the muscles allowing for a smoother, more relaxed appearance. The effects generally take 7 to 14 days to see optimal results. You should stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications two weeks before treatment to reduce bruising.
The overall advantages of treating wrinkles with Botulinum Toxin A
- Reduces or eliminates wrinkles without surgery.
- Corrects underlying muscles (as opposed to the skin’s surface as peels do).
- Provides dramatic effects which are customizable to each individual. Some patients report they no longer experience migraine headaches.
- No sedation or anesthesia is needed. However, you may choose to have the area numbed with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting.
- Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Most patients compare the sensation to a small pin prick and treatment takes only a few minutes.
How does it work?
First, a small amount is injected (with a tiny needle) into the muscle that creates the wrinkle. When injected into a muscle, the nerve impulse is blocked and as a result, the muscle relaxes. As the muscle relaxes, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes as well. The wrinkles in the skin gradually soften and often disappear. If a specific muscle can’t move, it can’t cause a wrinkle.
What can it be used for?
- Frown, Worry, Laugh, and Bunny Lines (lines between the eyebrows when frowning)
- Periorbital Wrinkles (Crow’s Feet)
- Brow Lift or Brow Asymmetry
- Drooping Mouth Corners
- Lip Wrinkles, Chest Wrinkles, and Vertical Lines
- Platysma Stranding (“Neck Banding”)
- Hyperhidrosis (severe underarm sweating)
- Reducing horizontal creases on the forehead
- Try to make facial expressions for at least one hour after injections. (If you forget, this will not effect your results.)
- Do NOT have a facial. Do NOT rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your treatment.(This causes the Botulinum Toxin to move around causing unwanted drooping.)
- Do NOT lay down or do strenuous exercise for three hours after treatment. Also, avoid any exposure to a sauna, hot tub or tanning for 4 hours. This will prevent your blood pressure from rising and thus minimize the risk of bruising after treatment.
- Please be aware that some, very few patients may experience a mild headache, which can last 24 to 48 hours. You may take Tylenol to help for pain relief.
- Tiny bumps or marks can appear after injection but will go away within a few hours after your treatment. There is a small risk of bruising, If this occurs, do not worry it will only be temporary and can easily be covered up with makeup. Any little bit of bruising may last up to one week.
- Anti-aging procedures are a temporary procedure and at first you may find that your treatment results will last approximately from 3 to 6 months. If you maintain your treatment appointment with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last longer.
- If you have any questions or concern regarding your recent injections, please contact our office.Contact us today to schedule your FREE consultation for any esthetic procedure.
Xeomin & Botox are available. Prices Vary.
We are proudly offering new services in:
If you are interested in a free 15 minute consultation with a highly skilled medical provider, please contact us today.
We also offer private appointments for those wanting our services after business hours.